Far too easy Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe

On the theme of easy baking (see my last post for one of the quickest and most delicious desserts), I made a super quick batch of cookies the other day that went down a storm at work.

Let me paint you a rather sad picture… it’s Thursday afternoon, that point in the week when it’s all too easy to get a little fed up with the daily grind, you can become a little dreary. So you pop and make yourself a reviving cup of tea and poke your nose in the biscuit tin only to find it bare. One after another this scene played out before my eyes, as the day dragged on, each disappointed lawyer seemed to look sadder than the last.

It’s lucky then that these cookies are quicker to make than the time it would take me to go to the supermarket and buy a packed. In fact, I made the whole batch from start to finish while the Apple In and Out from my last post was in the oven.

 
Super Quick and Easy Peanut Butter Cookies

In a bowl mix a cup each of peanut butter, plain flour and caster sugar with two beaten eggs.

Roll into 20-24 balls and pop onto a non-stick baking tray about an inch apart (no need to grease because of all the fat in the peanut butter). Press each one down slightly in a criss-cross fashion with a fork.

Pop into an oven on Gas Mark 5 for 10 – 12 minutes. For chewy cookies, taken them out when they are just starting to colour. For crisp ones, let them go a slightly golden brown.

 
Variations:

There are so many options with these that there it is almost futile to attempt a list. Needless to say, chocolate is a pretty good bet (I think dark woks best), dried fruits work well, particular sour cherries, and my sister puts in Macadamia Nuts which are super decadent and delicious.

The other variation (which is actually the original recipe from my sister), is a gluten free option. All you need to do is follow the exact same method but without the flour and only 1 egg. The result is a sugar hit that’s the perfect pick me up and gorgeously chewy cookies.


Don't miss a recipe, come and follow me on Twitter
 
 

Comments

  1. Pictures please... I think you ate them before you realised. He he. :-) x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment