Kale-Spiked Guacamole - Delicious but nothing new!

I thought I was being pretty inventive today when I decided on a whim to blitz some kale into my guacamole. It seems that I am very much behind the times on that front. Gua-kale-mole is most definitely a thing. In fact it's so much of an established thing that Wholefoods is selling it by the punnet and Gwyneth's Goop has also got it covered. Oh well at least I am in good company!

I have certainly enjoyed my version whizzed up in my new NutriBullet so it's super smooth (no kale getting stuck in your teeth) and took all of 30 seconds to make. You can make it with soured cream, yoghurt or soya yoghurt as all would work perfectly well. One thing I have noticed when I add green veg to my guac is that the green colour stays far more vibrant, I sometimes use peas and they have much the same effect.

Kale-Spiked Guacamole

Get out your blender and stuff in the following:

1 ripe avocado
1 large handful of kale
2 spring onions (scallions)
1/2 chilli (more if you want it spicy but for me, a guac is the antidote to a spicy main dish)
1 tbsp yoghurt, soured cream or soya yoghurt (I guess the coconut yoghurt would also work but I don't tend to buy it because it's so ridiculously expensive)
Juice of half a lime
Water to loosen -  start with a 1/4 cup and add more if needs be
Salt and Pepper

The method is pretty simple. Turn on the machine and let it do it's thing for 30 seconds or so. Then you're done.


Don't miss a recipe, come and follow me on Twitter




Comments