The 10 Best 5:2 Fast Diet Resources

As part of my committment to share information on the 5:2 Fast Diet, I thought it would be good to bring together some of the best resources.

The longer I’ve been working on this blog, the more I get asked where to get more info on the 5:2 Fast Diet, where to go for inspiration, information and encouragement.

…Of course, my first answer is right here ; )
 
But once I’ve picked my ego up off the floor, I have to say that there are so many sites that I regularly turn to. Sometimes for recipes and food inspiration, occasionally to read up on the diet science and often for support; I’ve listed them here but please don’t think that the order is a ranking they are all great in their own way. 

There are so many more besides these, I may to another 10 in the near future. So if you have any suggestions, pop them in a comment below!
 
1. The Horizon Documentary – The documentary that started the 5:2 fast diet craze the world over, it’s an interesting watch and very engaging. Just the thing if you’re looking for something to give you and initial kick start.
 
 
2. The 5:2 Fast Diet Forum – A fantastic place to go for general support from a hue community of dieters. There is a forum for just about anything you could think of (including foods to eat on the 5 days off). I regularly question my fellow 5:2ers when there’s an ingredient I’m not sure what to do with.
 

3. Feed 5 Fast 2 – The author of this blog has been intermittently fasting since August 2012 and has amassed a significant number of recipes. It’s definitely worth a look for some original foodie options packed with flavour.
 

4. The Fast Diet Website – This is the official site to accompany the book by Dr. Michael Mosely and Mimi Spencer. For me it is the best source of information about the science behind the food plan (or lack of it most of the time).
 

5. Tinned TomatoesA vegetarian blogger who happens to be on the 5:2 diet, that’s right up my street. There are some delicious recipes full of fresh flavours. Beware though, the pictures will have you salivating so avoid if you’re feeling hungry!


6. Pintrest – Put 5:2, 5/2 or any variants into the search box along with the word recipe or fasting and you’ll be sure to turn up plenty of suggestions that you can pin to your own personal board. It will be a feast for your eyes if not for your stomach.
 

7. Lavender and Lovage – Another blogger with an eye for the low calorie recipes. Not always vegetarian, but the fast recipes often are. One thing’s for sure, they are always tempting, it just goes to show that diet food needn’t be drab and dreary.


8. Calorie Count Recipe Tool – This tool is seriously invaluable! You pop in a list of your ingredients with the weights and it will calculate the nutritional content. Of course it’s not perfect, some foods are missing and it gets confused with the measurements at times but it will certainly make your life far easier!


9. Three Fat Chicks – This isn’t strictly a 5:2 site but one that focuses on low calorie recipes. You’ll be sure to find something to suit your daily calorie budget and there’s plenty of healthy inspiration for the rest of the week too.


10. I’m Counting UFOs – This might not sound like a typical title for a 5:2 focused blog but the author is a regular contributor to the forums and has some wonderful recipes.
 
 

Comments

  1. OH wow, thank you so very much for including me xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pleasure. you're recipes are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the kind words and for including me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, thanks for all the fabulous inspiration!

      Delete

Post a Comment